No one enjoys thinking about the end of summer. The days might be long, but this warm, sunny, beautiful season of BBQs, beach trips and poolside lounging seems so short. Nothing lasts forever, and Summer 2015 is quickly coming to a close. But there is one major bright side to the ending of this era: it’s time for fall fashion.
Fall 2015 will see a return of some of the best styles of the 1970s as well as pleats, flounce hemlines, chunky knits, big, bold jewelry and a plethora of puffer coats. Those who live in colder climates should rejoice, because keeping cozy with lots of layering is officially in style. As always, it’s best to take a look at all the trends and then adapt them to your own personal style. It usually takes a few tweaks to take an outfit from the runway to “real life.”
Above all else, remember: it’s the accessories that make the outfit. Here are six of the most popular fashion trends for fall 2015 and the beautiful Camille K pieces to wear with them:
1. Bling rings. Obviously, bringing back the bling ring is a fabulous idea. Oversized jewelry has been popular for years, but sometimes they involve minimal style. This fall we welcome the return of very feminine, sparkly jewelry. Camille K features plenty of unique gold rings for women, and one of our favorites is the Empire Ring.
The Empire Ring is inspired by the Empire State Building in New York. Much like its namesake, this ring is a style icon. Aquamarine and Swarovski crystals give it a unique glisten. It’s certainly elegant enough to be worn on a night on the town, but it’s also perfect as an everyday accessory.
The Troubadour Ring is a slightly more versatile bling ring in the Camille K collection. The trilliant crystal catches the eye with a show stopping shimmer. Wear this piece with any outfit, day or night.
2. Head To Toe Black. All black everything? Yes, please! This chic, slimming hue has been all over the runway this year, and we couldn’t be happier. Of course, you’ll want to break up the monochromatic look with some vibrant jewelry. And while colorful pieces will certainly work, nothing looks better with black than gold.
For a nice, layered look, wear a Lacy Necklace with your black ensemble. The classic combination of gold and pearls will really pop against a dark hue. Add a Lucky Bangle I to the outfit and your look will be complete.
Of course, for some all black outfits, you’ll want to wear a pair of gold earrings for women. The Beverly Swing earrings feature shimmering Swarovski crystals and a 1.5” drop, and they’re the perfect pair to take you from the office to the dance floor.
3. Flounce hems. Why go for a plain pencil skirt when you can have a skirt with personality? Flounce hems are flirty and fun, and you can wear them at work or for a night out on the town. For a daytime look, wear a flounce skirt with a fitted blouse and a Miramar Rock Crystal Enhancer added to a Signature Choker. The enhancer is the perfect size to complement the outfit without distracting from the bold hemline.
4. Flare pants. Bell-bottoms will be re-invented this fall as flared jeans and pants become a hot commodity. The flared hemline is actually very flattering, and you can enhance your best assets even more by wearing them with high heels or wedges. Of course, you’ll need some modern jewelry to keep your outfit from looking too retro. Keep it simple with a Eugenie Bracelet II and a pair of Miramar Earrings.
5. Statement Earrings. If the only jewelry you wear with your outfit is a pair of earrings, go for a big, bold style. Statement earrings will be everywhere this fall, and they’re definitely a chic way to accessorize. Between the two-toned Biltmore Drop Earrings III and the Beverly Two-Toned Earrings, Camille K has this fall fashion trend covered.
6. Turtlenecks. It seems that fashion brands can’t seem to kick this classic. The utilitarian style staple seemed to pop up all over Fashion Week this year. If you layer a turtleneck under a dress, you’ll get more use out of your warm weather pieces. Add some glam to a turtleneck with a Troubadour Necklace or create a vintage look with a pair of Chance Serpent Earrings.
Summer certainly has its perks, but fall is a time to reinvent yourself and create your own signature style. This year, you’ll find a trend or two you can incorporate into your wardrobe and a flattering fit for every body. Getting dressed should always be fun, so go for the trends you like and that work for you.